Thursday, November 28, 2013

Painting

I bought some water soluble oil paints last weekend. I've been looking at them for a while now and wondering if they'd be any good.  I didn't buy expensive ones, a right cheap set by Reeves with very small tubes.  Amazingly, though, you don't need a lot of paint to get quite nice results - they are very easy to use, can be watered down (like using acrylics), but they have the consistency of oil paint and the colours remain true as they are drying. I'm quite taken with this type of paint! I did this one at the beginning of this week and I think I will leave it alone now.  I wasn't going for a realsim look, so if I do anymore fiddling with the foreground, I'm going to get stuck trying to make it look like a photo and it will lose its 'soul' - so anyway, it just randomly developed by itself, no plan at all.


2 comments: