Friday, May 9, 2014

Faye's account of her trip to Kingswood (as dictated to her Nana, who edited it a bit in the typing up)

Wednesday afternoon
After we arrived at Kingswood, we were taken to our building - Kingswood is like a little town and there are lots of buildings. Our building was called Blickling.  We then went to the dormitory and got sorted out.  I shared a room with Megan, Lucy, Hannah, Katie and Caitlin.
After we'd unpacked, we lined up and went to the dining hall next door.  We had chicken nuggets, pork meat balls and chicken curry ... the chicken nuggets ran out, so I had pork meat balls.
When we had eaten dinner, we all got into our costumes because there was a pool party.
After the pool party, we went back to our rooms and got into our pyjamas.  Then later we all went back to the dining hall for Hot Chocolate.  I cried for about two hours because I missed everyone so much. 

Thursday. 
After breakfast we all lined up and were met by our instructor, Emily, who is Scottish.  She took us to the zipwire.  It was a rickety structure to climb up and I was very nervous because it was higher than the leisure centre in Long Stratton and I was the second person to go on it.  Emily makes you close your eyes and walk back, then walk forward and you don't know when you are going to go off, so suddenly you are in the air and flying down on the zip wire. I screamed the loudest.  Mrs Best said I had the loudest voice because my voice carries.   I went on it again.
Next we lined up and waited for Lian (a boy). We went to do the quad biking.   We had to do a driving test and I got 10 out of 10!
After quad biking, we had lunch, then lined up for another instructor (can't remember the name) who was ten minutes late because of the rain.  This time we went to learn circus skills, which was a great deal of fun.
Later we had a team challenge and there was a big seesaw that we had to balance on, it was difficult.
We had dinner and then later we went for a campfire, we all got soaked as it rained a lot that night!
After the campfire, we came back to our rooms, got into pyjamas and then again, we had some Hot Chocolate before going to bed.

Friday
After breakfast we went rockpooling down at the beach.  I caught 5 big crabs, 1 fish and sea slugs, which we put in buckets.  It began to hail and it stung our faces.  We got soaked and were all a bit stiff walking back to the dormitories.  I was last because I was the wettest!
We went to the cinema and watched half of 'Flushed Away' before Mrs. Hancock (Faye's teacher) came and asked us if we wanted to get changed.  We went and changed and then came back and watched the rest of the movies.
After lunch, we got on the bus to go home.  

It was awesome and my favourite activity was the zip wire.  It was the best time ever.

A Faye in Pyjamas

1 comment:

  1. That is so AWSOME Faye. Brought a BIG smile to my face reading this. Your so cute and so lucky. What an adventure girl you are!!!!! Love you

    ReplyDelete