Friday, June 12, 2015

Ya rite?

It's sometimes hard to take in that we have been in Norfolk almost three full years.  This December will be our fourth Christmas here.  Looking back at my posts on this blog after our first week in the UK, I haven't changed by mind about anything really.  The initial euphoria and novelty of living in Blightey hasn't worn off.  Yeah, sometimes I am extremely sad and miss everybody back in SA - that's a natural thing and won't ever go away.  I live in hope that my boys will one day come and visit us, I know they might  not be interested in actually coming to live in Blightey at this point, but it would be so amazing if they managed to get over here for a holiday. 

It takes a long time to assimilate yourself into a new culture, a new country and a new life. When you have school-going kids it helps a lot because you are forced to get out there and interact with the locals, join in, get involved and meet people. The longer I live in this part of the world, the more I appreciate it.  We have some of the most diverse woodlands and hedgerow environments in the whole of England.   The air is fresh all the time.  Kids are growing up in an environment where they can explore nature, get out on their bikes or just walk in woodlands without any problems or hindrances. 
Norfolk is a gorgeous part of the world, it really is - we are very lucky to have decided to settle here.
Now if only I could understand the bloody Norfolk accent! ...





No comments:

Post a Comment