Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Tyrrel's Wood

They are watching a bit too much TV I think but what can you do?  I took them with me this morning when I went to Hobbycraft - managed to get some really good quality water colour paints, excellent expensive watercolour paper in a pad and some gorgeous brushes - spoilt myself. So I hope the investment pays off - still have a LOT of learning to do but I really am enjoying water colour painting, it's so different to acrylics and I'm wondering why I never bothered to try it before??

Later on today, 'cos again they just wanted to sit in front of the TV, I dragged them (literally ... well almost) out of the house to go and take the dog for a walk.  The wood is really lush now, much thicker with vegetation than it was a couple of months ago. It's such a pretty little wood - I love the way the light dapples on the floor in pools of pink and terracotta as it's filtered through the trres - photos just don't capture it.

I'm getting a lot of work at the moment, so that's one of the reasons why I'm not taking the kids on as many outings as I would have liked to this holiday - also Ally is home in the late morning and has to sleep most of the rest of the day, so we have to tippy toe around her (another reason why I decided to take them out to the woods today).  Anyway, here are some pictures ...


With the Nikon
Had to remove a photo here, cos when I looked at it, Laila was in the middle of a poop! 








With the cell phone (cos the Nikon battery died on me ...again)



Taken just before Ewan bailed ...

No comments:

Post a Comment