Monday, May 9, 2016

T Wood - on the hunt for bluebells.

It was such a lovely day today, I took myself off to Tyrells Wood for some photo opportunities, peace and quiet and a nice walk!

I saw three groups of people in total, all very sweet and chatty.  Plus one pony-tailed gentleman who looked to be having a 'shaman's retreat' - sitting on a log staring into space and meditating (seriously he was in a yoga pose) but he also found time to say hello and help me in my quest to find the elusive little blue flowers.  It's so quiet in the wood during the week - an ideal place for some introspection I suppose.   

Did I find bluebells, you ask?  Well look and see  (click on image, as per usual, to see better quality photo)  ... 

Glorious rape seed fields

Bluebells at the entrance - a good sign ...









 The bluebells don't grow in carpets in this little wood, they tend to clump along the stream banks - but there were more than I expected in one or two places.










 I tried to stitch these two tiny camera videos together but the finished movie was too big to upload through Blogger in one shot (I have to do it through YouTube and I can't be arsed at the moment) - so sorry, I'm putting them here separately and not edited.   This is just for the South Africans to get an idea of how tranquil and quiet the wood is, even though it's only a couple of miles off the main A140 ... it's also Completely Safe for a woman to wander around there on her own with camera, cellphone and car keys!   





No comments:

Post a Comment