Thursday, January 16, 2014

23 more sleeps (after tonight)

Yes, it's not long now folks!  Really looking forward to our trip to the hot sunny African continent.  Congratulations again to Andrew for getting confirmation on your promotion and the impending move to Durban at the end of February/March - that is really great - National Manager, Business Intelligence* - not bad going, dude!

We have a few jam packed days ahead of us.  Faye will be taking her Brownie Promise soon and then there are lots of activities planned for her unit throughout the first half of this year; including a camping weekend, a sleep over at the SeaLife centre in Great Yarmouth, a Big Walk on the Boudicca Way and lots of other interesting things.

School is also keeping the kids (and me) busy - Tuesdays are now quite cool (as far as I'm concerned).  Faye does her 3.16 Club (run by the Church) and now Ewan does drama.  I don't have to go to school to collect the kids until 4pm on Tuesdays - as they both go straight to their respective activities with no help from parents or hangers on.   Wednesdays is also choc-a-bloc what with Ewan's L'il Dragons, followed later by Brownies.   The mum of one of Faye's friends (Megan) has kindly offered to pick Faye up from our house on Wednesdays and bring her home again because Megan does Brownies at the same time and the girls are already quite good friends.  So that's cool - although I will miss my walk to Brownies, it's good exercise despite the fact that by the time I've finished 'holding' (read dragging) Ewan's hand all the way there and back, I feel like my arm is coming off.  Fridays is 'Show and Tell' at Ewan's class from tomorrow  - he is taking the Penguin that his Great-Granny Ruth got him when he was a baby - as the topic is things from home that come from near or far and the theme at the moment has to do with the South Pole.

December 2009 - Hermanus - Ewan and Penguin
The transcript work isn't coming in as fast and furious as it was this time last year - I keep getting told that it will pick up and knowing my luck, will happen when I'm in SA!  Oh well, if it doesn't get better in the next couple of months, then I'm going to have to look at alternate forms of income.  I am still doing a lot of work for IIA, in fact I got a sign up yesterday!  We (Hayzel and I) are not sure whether to keep this business going for very much longer but I don't want to cut it off at this point, as it is definitely worth while getting sign ups and we receive at least one referral a week. In fact, we have had four referrals in the past week and I'm currently working on the others - so hold thumbs I can sign some other suck ... er client ... up before we leave for warmer climes.

I'm very glad that my Auntie Barbara has come out of hospital and her op seems to have gone very well - so well done there and I hope the physio doesn't hurt too much next time. 

Anyway, not much else to report.  A little bird told me that Leigh has a birthday soon - so a bunch of birthday balloons will probably start off my next post.


*I think that's what the full title is hey?

No comments:

Post a Comment