Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Message to everyone from Allyson



Hi Hi to All, 
Great to be in the UK but a bit overwhelming from Day to Day. I am trying to learn the ways of the British which will take some time but with the guidance and care from me mum and Hayz, I'm catching on quickly. The flight with SAA was great. Didn’t crave or think of a cigarette once throughout the 12 hour flight. Didn’t even cross my mind which was a bit surprising. I was quite fortunate to have the opportunity to sit next to some English blokes on the SAA flight. The one chap was a Special Ops Sailor who has been all over the world particularly the Antarctic. The other chap was a Marine who works on Battleships. I was dumb enough not to ask their full names so that I could Facebook them hahahaha but the one guy was Chris and the Marine was Tim (but no surnames lol ). Oh boy but Tim was a handsome chap. All I know is that Chris, the sailor was headed to Devon…….wherever that is.*

Anyhow, there was a 2hour delay with our luggage coming through and this made me panic because I thought Kevin and Hayzel had been waiting for at least 3 hours for me. Because of a sleeping tablet I had taken on the plane which was too strong for my body, I was completely high as a kite and zonked out my brain getting off the plane. Hahahaha. Oh Joys!!!!!

So I caught a cat nap in the car on the 2 hr drive to Norfolk. Woke up as we were coming into Norfolk roads. How pretty the scenery was. I would say it's almost like Knysna or the Garden route in some ways.

After getting out the car and hugging Faye and Ewan, my mom came to my presence and I just burst into tears holding her for dear life……..

I have been on quite a few tours in and around Diss, Harleston and Norwich which is quite breathtakingly beautiful. I’ve uploaded quite a number of my own pics to Facebook for all the folk back in SA to keep tabs on.

I miss my friends in SA dearly and have been so overwhelmed with support, care and love from everyone wishing me well in my new adventures. I have an appointment booked with the bank tomorrow to open an account and on Monday next week, I will hopefully be going to see Job Centre Plus. Thereafter, I will have appointments booked with Recruiters in Norwich City who are waiting to see me. I had contacted them before I arrived in the UK.

Other than that, It’s quite heartwarming being with the family here and living in this beautiful house. I have bought myself a bed and a wardrobe. Have paid rent and trying my best just to fit in. I still do feel a bit out of place, but not with the family, just in terms of understanding some of the accents and rules and culture here in Great Britain. It’s all very new to me. But the weather does not faze me, as this far it's been lovely and I am quite comfortable.

I am a bit nervous for job hunting but will take it in my stride. I have had full blown bronchitis since landing and I am hoping to be better for the recruiters next week. I have an R8000 corporate uniform wardrobe sitting in my cupboard that was bought for me from my old employers in South Africa so I will be sure to look my best when I go in for the kill.

Thank you to everyone for the support, care and consideration from the time of my arrival. It means a lot.

Love Ally

*Shame and she's got a British passport but knows sweet fanny adams about Blightey (Janice's comment)

No comments:

Post a Comment