Monday, July 7, 2014

Getting to work in Blightey

So we spent Sunday afternoon going over Google Maps, Google Earth, printing out bus timetables and using Google Route planner to find the best way for Ally to get to work … what would we have done in ‘the old days’ before Uncle Google? J 
Ally left the house this morning at about 650 to walk down the road (couple of blocks) to the bus stop outside our little Co-op.  She was supposed to get the Simonds bus at 0715 … here’s how it went (courtesy of Whatsapp – a brilliant free messaging application that we all use to keep in touch instantly)

0700  Allyson  Got my game face on and ganna try to do my best. On the way to the bus now and it’s a beautiful morning. Thanks for ur wishes. Love you.

0702  Andrew  Good luck sissy I know you will do great love you xxx

0705  Allyson  Thanks Andy. Feels so weird in this big wide world. Lol. A bit scared but its all good. Xxx We all do things like this.  Xxx Thanks guys for ur wishes.

0737 Allyson   Well the Simmons bus just drove straight past on schedule saying ‘sorry out of service’. That was my bus. Will have to take the 36 at 7h25.

0744 Mags/David  Good luck Ally

0745 Allyson  Thanks xxxx

0749 Hayzel  How’s it going

0806  Allyson  Just got dropped off at Chapelfield. Walking to bus station now.

0811 Allyson  Found the 87 waiting bay

0813 Allyson  I might get there a bit early.  Next 87 at 8h15am. In 3 min.

0816 Hayzel  good stuff

0817  Me  Hi sweetie  … I am presuming u r now in Norwich and making ur way on the 87 bus J to the county council … have a great day and enjoy everything. C u later xxx 

0817 Allyson  Getting onto my Poringland bus now. Xxx All good for go guys.

0820 Hayzel  Ok, so far so good, keep an eye out now for the bus stop close to the council

0823 Allyson  Sure. Spoke to the driver and he will stop as close as possible. Said he does not go to county hall* but I asked for “the street”.  Was not sure … but I’m good. Will let u know where I get off xxx

0827 Hayzel Okay good stuff

0832 Allyson  He stopped right outside work. Very polite man. Asked where am I from. I said SA. First day at work. He said where abouts in SA. I said joburg. He then told me where to catch the bus coming home. Its exactly what u said on ur map hayz. Thanku so much.

0833  Allyson I’m right on time.

0834  Hayzel  Great well done proud of you now enjoy the rest of your day.

0845 Allyson  Thanks xxx


0849  Leigh  Have fun Ally, glad u got there safe xxx


* Ally ... note to self.  County Hall is in the middle of Norwich (where the fireworks were).  You were going to County Council building.  Love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment