Monday, September 15, 2014

Bit of an update

Hi everyone,
It's been a bit hectic here over the past couple of weeks.  What with the kiddies going back to school and getting into the routine again.   The nice news of the moment is that Ally has a temp position for four days this week (she went in for training on Friday afternoon) doing reception work in the centre of Norwich.  Then next Monday she starts her new 'proper' job - she doesn't want to post anything about this on Facebook just yet, until she's been in the job at least six weeks (funnily enough it's with Norfolk County Council - but a different department and location) - the first four weeks are probationary anyway.  So more on that later but good news for all of us, especially  her!
I'm having a friend pop by today for tea - I haven't had a home visit from a 'friend' of my own in about fifteen years, so better later than never hey?   Postscript - Toni, you are a friend by association :)
My Auntie Jean will be getting her stuff ready for the trip down from Wales to be with us this coming Saturday.  She's driving with my Uncle Les and Auntie Barbara (and Honey, the golden labrador) ... Les and Barbara are taking their new caravan to a local camp site and Jean will be camping out in one of our bedrooms.  Then on Friday Jean and I will be driving back to Wales in my old skedonk car, the day after we are going on our splendid Scottish Highland train holiday.  Can't wait for that!
Andrew starts the return trek from India this coming Thursday - I'm sure he will be glad to leave, although it sounds like he had a great adventure.
I went in on Friday to SpecSavers and have organised new multi-focal glasses, hoping to get them before we go to Scotland but not overly optimistic.  
Anyway, there's loads more stuff to put in here but I don't have time - got to rush off and take the kids to school.    Hope Ally has a great day today 'working' for a change :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment