Thursday, September 18, 2014

No title - is anybody even reading this blog anymore?

I got new glasses today, went into Norwich on the Simonds bus at 0922am (it stops right outside the opticians).  Collected my glasses from my friend Emily at SpecSavers (who organised me 33.3% staff discount and a free spectacles-cleaning spray spritzer bottle that I'm actually supposed to pay for).  Went back on the same Simonds bus at about 1003am (it goes on a circular route into Norwich).  When I got to Long Stratton I was the only person left on the bus, which is technically supposed to stop at Barclays and hang around for fifteen minutes before going back into Norwich but the driver very kindly drove up the road to the last stop (which is closest to where we live) outside the small Co-Op and let me get off at the robots.  He also didn't charge me the full return fare because he recognised me and knew that I'd already travelled one way on the bus already - I thought that was right nice of him. 

Last night I was watching something on YouTube on my tablet, which was plugged into the wall near my bed, charging. The charging cord is quite short.  My tablet slipped and hurtled towards the floor, so I made a grab for it and in the process completely wrenched/ripped stuff in my left shoulder.  Now some of you might know about my shoulder issue - I have something long-winded called 'Rotator Cuff Tendonitis with impingement' and the only thing that helps are serious pain killers, which erm you don't really get here on the NHS. Anyway, I'm in so much pain today, I feel sick.  And of course, this morning I had to lift Faye's bike out the back of my station wagon at school, so that she could take it into the bicycle sheds, ready to do her Cycle Proficiency lessons later this morning. Oh well, I'll carry on moaning on my own. 

Ally was working in Norwich on a temporary assignment, that came to an end this morning (they didn't bother to tell her not to go in today, so she wasted her morning).  She's now at home but starts her real job on Monday. 

Can't wait to see my aunts and uncle this weekend.  Will take photos and put up here.

Andrew leaves India this evening and will be home in KZN tomorrow evening sometime ... I know he can't wait.   Daniel had jelly for the first time today ... 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment