Monday, January 19, 2015

A few updates ...

Sorry, I haven't been posting on here very much lately - just haven't had time.  One of the big stories from our side this past week was Allyson finished her probationary period at Hethersett Hall and she is now a permanent staff member!   Well done Ally, what you've managed to achieve this year is incredible and you must never lose sight of that fact.   We are all very proud of you.  Now you  need to keep focused, get your licence and a small car - it's all do-able and you need to set yourself some goals, so that it's done before the middle of the year.    Once you have your own wheels, you won't believe how easy it is to sort your life out.

Hayzel has a big birthday at the end of this month and she's booked for herself, Kevin and the kids to go down to London for an overnight.  It promises to be a lovely weekend for them and something really special to celebrate the big 4-0! 

We had a bit of snow!   It really was just a flurry (last Saturday).  Hayzel and I were in Tesco's and missed it ... argh!   But it snowed again last night - again just a little dusting but enough to delight the kiddies this morning.  There is talk of further snow falls later on this week and it was very cold today, so it will be great if we get a bit of snow that you can do something with :)

I have paid for my own domain and will be putting my transcription services onto a more professional footing soon - I'll post a link to the website once it's all finished and looking pretty.   I did a bit of research today - the company that I do ad hoc transcripts for here in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, are on page FIVE of a Google search for 'transcription services'.  There are pages and pages of companies who are doing transcripts, so that's really good news for me - competition is an excellent thing.  I am going to try and do more freelance work for other companies but I'm also going to push to get my own clients.  I did this for a long time when I lived in Benoni and was very successful.  When we moved to Edenvale though and I dropped the transcription work, concentrating on immigration, I found it very hard to get back into it as there are very few companies in Jo'burg who do transcripts and the one or two that I found half the time didn't even pay me for the work! 

I'm also getting a fair bit of interest with regards my art - I have a lot of followers on Wordpress (where my personal art blog is) and I've just opened up a profile on Saatchi Online.com and have got people tagging me already and following - so there is a bit of interest there and I've only loaded four paintings so far! It's a bit of a fiddle trying to figure out how much paintings weigh and I had to ask their support team but they've sent me the formulas and now it's easy peasy!   It would be so grand if I could actually sell a painting online, I'd feel like I've achieved a real milestone.

Anyway, not much else to report at this point.   Keep warm everyone in the Northern hemisphere and cool down there in Africa.  Hope Daniel is on the mend and feeling better, it's horrible when little ones have fever.    Good luck to Dave for his interview tomorrow and fantastic job, Andrew on getting such a great result in your annual performance review.  I'm so proud of my kiddies!


2 comments:

  1. Great post Janice !!, some really good news all round. Excellent that Ally is sorted out in her job, very stressful time moving countries and all and all. Chuffed to hear you are into all kinds of lucrative things, keep pushing your paintings they're good and don't see why they won't sell.Hope Hayzel etc have a great time in London, just keep safe. Your pervious pictures of Tyrrells wood were excellent, the tripod seems to have made all the difference. Give our love to all and keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Steve! I've added Howard on the birthday list now.

    ReplyDelete