Monday, October 14, 2013

Weather, Intrepid Exploring and kiddies.

Hey everyone,
The weather is turning a bit grey at the moment, we've had rain off and on for a couple of days and it looks like it will rain more today.  Not to worry, we don't really mind the rain (at the moment)!  It was really nice seeing my Auntie Barbara, Uncle Les and, of course, Honey.  The kids are all besotted with Honey and it was touch and go, whether we'd end up swapping Laila ... but we didn't.   We gave Laila a bath on Saturday night after the long walk that Kevin, Hayzel and the kids went on through the fields (yep, in the rain) and our puppy was so scrumptious, sweet-smelling and fluffy like a little bunny, it was really nice to have a non-pongy pooch in the house for a change.  Of course by Sunday morning, she was back to smelling like a frog's backside.

I heard that little Phillip dislocated his elbow last week ... eina, eina, eina, ow, ow, ow ... poor little chap!  It must have been horrible to deal with that, Toni!

It was also lekker to speak to Granny, Grandpa, Auntie Sharon and Oma on Sunday - the kids enjoyed the chat, although I think Faye gets a bit weepy when she sees her Granny.  But it's very important for her to see you guys and we must try and SKYPE a bit more often, hey? 

I've sort of semi-started packing for the Scottish Highlands och aye the noo ... can't wait.   Although I can't deny that I'm really nervous about driving to Wales by myself.  But I'm a big girl, I'm sure it will be fine and there are cavalry available to call if I get into any major spots of bother.  As inspiration, Faye suggested that I put a picture of Rory McCann on my dashboard (or thereabouts), so I can just chat to him all the way.  I have no radio or CD player in my car, so it's like driving in a vacuum.  But I'm going to take the trusty Asus pre-loaded with some beat (which I need to sort out today, crikey! forgot about that).
The Satnav (they don't say 'GPS' here) lady will also be yelling at me most of the way, although it would be nicer if we could change the voice to that nice Irish chap we had in the Merc Station wagon (when we were here on holiday in Yorkshire a couple of years ago).  

Leigh posted this pic of Daniel with his 'blankie' on Whatsapp the other day, what a dumpling he is ...


Here's another one from Saturday night, when Andrew was babysitting:


I took a small video of Ewan at L'il Dragons last Wednesday, his Uncle Les and Auntie Barbara managed to pop in to watch him as well :


The little boy on his left (Elias) always just stands around sucking his thumb, he doesn't really do much martial arts (he's shy but he's quite a cute little thing and the same age as Ewan). Elias' daddy is Spanish and Faye was invited to their house for dinner (tea) after L'il Dragons last week. Elias has two brothers, Santiago and Ephrain, plus a little baby sister - can't remember her name, it's something like Fifirosieblossompudding ...

No comments:

Post a Comment