Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Caister on Sea

Kevin went back to work today.  It seemed like really nice weather earlier on, even though the wind is a bit chilly.  So trying to make the most of it, I decided to take the kids and Ally to Caister-on-Sea, which is about 45 minutes drive away.  I saw these big clouds building up as we got closer to Yarmouth and was hoping that they were blowing away but nope.   They waited until I'd paid for two hours parking and then decided to start spitting on us.  Undeterred, we opted to eat our picnic lunch in the car, which was perfectly acceptable to all and sundry.   Once we'd filled up on some nosh, it was off up the dunes in the spitting rain and out onto the beach.

I really like this beach at Caister-on-Sea, it's unspoilt and devoid of touristy stuff. You can walk for miles along it - something I plan on doing one of these days.   Hey, I'd even put my cozzie on under my clothes, so I was really game for a spot of swimming or paddling with style.  I got my toes wet and picked up a few cute stones that I might wire wrap later but that was about it.

By the time Faye had managed to get herself wet (she had her cozzie on and shorts), it was coming over really black and dismal.  So we reluctantly had to hot-foot it back to the car.  Typical, by the time we were on the outskirts of Yarmouth coming home, the sun was out with a vengeance again.    But it's going to be short-lived, there is a thick blanket of cloud cover over Long Stratton, sure the rain will start coming down later.  Pity, I am clinging on to the last vestiges of summer for as long as I can!







Stills from the little movie:








Congratulations to Andrew for making a post ... although why he had to put stuff in Welsh there I don't know.   Each to his own, I guess.   Dude, please try and put pictures of dinky Daniel and news about what you guys are doing in future - I'm expecting you to post some photos taken this weekend when you guys go to Jo'burg for Dan's official 1st birthday party. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment