Thursday, August 7, 2014

Kiddies art project

It's another lovely day here in Blightey ... lots of big puffy clouds about in the powder blue sky. We had a bit of rain yesterday but it was just a spray really and the humidity levels were very high, it's like living in Durban here sometimes. I believe that we may have quite a lot of rain tomorrow or over the weekend - so I'm not sure whether I should try and make the most of it today and take the kids out somewhere.

This morning we spent some time making shaving foam pictures ... it's always rewarding trying to teach them a new skill and they both had fun. Ewan said I was a magician after watching me demonstrate the technique (which is dead simple and inexpensive - go onto YouTube for tutorials, Amy Pearce's are the best videos - she's my buddy). I bunched a few photos together, to show what it looks like ... we are going to make notelets.   Ewan did two pictures with his Sword stencil and Faye's Frozen one is going to be a bookmark. She's been singing the "Let it Go" song from the Frozen movie over and over for the past ten minutes - driving me nuts!

composite of some of the art they did this morning
Faye's picture using a stencil
  

Last night we had a really pretty bright moon but by the time I had finished faffing about trying to find a stable place to stand the camera it had lost it's glow.   This is a handheld shot,  I have to get myself a really good tripod, it's impossible taking long exposure shots without a tripod.  But I suppose the DSLR is first on the shopping list ... maybe I can treat myself at Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. You are pure Brilliance mom. Love your moon shot xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete