Monday, April 13, 2015

Five more sleeps

On Saturday I get on a National Express bus at sparrow farts in the morning and ride for a few hours down to London Victoria Station. Then I catch another bus (hopefully with my auntie in tow) to Tilbury docks ready for our embarkation on the Marco Polo.   We sail out in the afternoon/early evening and head off towards Amsterdam. 

Sunday we spend all day in Amsterdam, I have absolutely no idea what we are going to do there and haven't planned anything, so it should be fun 'winging' it.   Monday we spend at sea, putt-putting along towards Norway.  Tuesday, we go up the Hardangerfjord to Ulvik, again not sure what we're going to be doing in Ulvik - weather permitting, I will be taking lots of photos.  Wednesday, we negotiate the narrow Sognefjord to Flam and we will be getting on a mountain railway for a trip up the hills (har har) to Vatnahalsen Hotel in Myrdal for waffles and coffee.   On Thursday we arrive in Bergen and have the whole day there; then it's back on the boat for all of Friday and we arrive back at Tilbury docks on Saturday morning (as long as the Marco Polo doesn't hit a sand bank).  I will take a very large number of photos, might even do a little video here and there (we'll see how the batteries hold out).


See ya later! 

1 comment:

  1. Have a super duper time!!! ( Lookie updated my IOS and for some reason I can comment on blogs! ) hooray. I may bombard ya!

    ReplyDelete