Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Country Life's future?

Hi all
Since interest seems to be waning quite a lot with regards viewership of this blog and especially lack of comments (which we, as posters, thrive on), I've decided that we will only post major news stories in the future.  Obviously, we will post a lot of photos at Christmas time and into the New Year but from then on, it will only be when we have been somewhere or done something notable.

Many of you are on Facebook, Whatsapp and Skype (most of us, all three and Twitter)  and are not really watching this blog at all. I have spent a lot of time in the past converting little videos and images that were taken and posted onto Whatsapp for the benefit of the folks back in Pretoria and elsewhere but I don't really need to do that anymore, do I? as most of you are getting the Whatsapp videos and photos now direct to your phones.  It is a real fiddle posting Whatsapp videos and images to this blog, so I'm not doing that anymore.  Uploading multiple images from my camera also takes a hell of a lot of time and I was very disappointed with the lack of comment from my Highland trip, as the posts and uploading of photos took a very long time.  It just seemed like an awful waste of time and effort. 


I had hoped that Andrew (or Leigh) would post occasionally here and put photos that are clear and taken with a camera (or at least in focus and the right way up with the cell phone) of Daniel - for posterity's sake, so that we have a visual record (in one place) of his growth to look back on from time to time.  But that's not happening.  Again, I've been trying to update the blog with photos from Whatsapp but it's really taking so much time and I'm fed up doing it and most of the time the images are okay on a mobile but they don't look very good on the blog (out of focus or pixilated).  

This blog is private, it is not open to public view or comment and this was at the specific request of Kevin and Hayzel, which I have respected all along.  However, I do feel that a lot of posts could have generated huge interest and following, which again is a bit deflating for me because I've been blogging since 2001 and know that it's very easy to get to 10,000 hits a week on a blog if it's getting enough interest.  Money can be made from it, in fact. 

Anyway, that's my two-cents worth.
Comment welcome. 


As a rider to this post - my comments exclude people who have been posting comments regularly hereon

5 comments:

  1. Hiya Janice, Ok jokes aside, I like to read your blog, it keeps me up to date with the goings on in your side of the family. Sharon runs our blog, and she tries to post once a month, however if bugger all has gone down then she puts it off till next month. I think she does a great job and keeps it interesting, we have regular views from Russia, Aussie, RSA, UK, Europe wide, we often don't know who is looking at it but it is not closed to the world...of course they can't comment.
    I would like to hear more on Hayzel and Kevin and how they are getting on...maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve - thank you very much for taking the time to give me some feedback, it's much appreciated! We will definitely look at including more news and opinions from Hayzel and Kevin in the future.
    This blog cannot be open to the public because we are posting images and information about the children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toni ... thanks for your comments on Whatsapp this morning answering this post. I'm sorry you're not able to post from your phone. I know that you are reading the blog and if you can post a comment here and there, it's most welcome - you are our UK extended family, so you are perfectly entitled to make comments!

    ReplyDelete