Monday, February 23, 2015

Bits and bobs

Hayzel did one of her colleagues at work hair on Sunday and she also gave Faye a new make over (a fringe and layered cut), plus a new do for Ewan.

Faye this morning before school
She's doing my hair this weekend - I'm having a soft perm and a new colour, cos I don't want to be  blow drying my hair all the time on the ship.  I'm having a right old time of it coming up with outfits!  I haven't bought or worn a dress since I was 35, so it's a bit of a stretch for me to find anything remotely resembling 'elegant' or 'cocktail-ish' or 'formal'.    Anyhoo, thanks to ye olde Interwebs I've managed to buy a few things online - not that I'm happy with most of it but it will have to do :)      My Auntie Jean's wardrobe department has also helped somewhat .... thanks for the suit, Jean!  :)

I've made an appointment to see the doctor about my left shoulder, to see if they can help me sort out the rotator cuff impingement because it's now over 3 years and the pain is getting noticeably worse. I discovered that Ibuprofen - which is what I've been using to help with the pain - RAISES blood pressure, so that may have helped me along the way to A&E last weekend because I took two of them things before I went to bed on Sunday night.   Needless to say, I'm not using them anymore.   Any analgesic will raise BP but maybe the doctor can give me something safer?? Who knows.  I'd like a cortisone injection, to be honest but doubt that'll happen.    Morphine wouldn't go amiss.

Speaking of missing ...  I am fed up that my boys haven't wanted to SKYPE me for quite a while.  And I was a bit miffed that they didn't contact me after I came out of hospital for a skype call - huh?  Ja, ja, I know you were Whatsapping me the whole time and I understand that you have busy lives and blah-blah ... but I need to talk to my sons more regular like.  Keep that in mind, or else. 


1 comment:

  1. It very hard Skypeing you guys as we never no when we can talk, And when we do try skype you have hunders of kids shouting in the back ground. I have told you a number of times lets skype but when i get home no one says we can skype on the whatsapp thing your either fetching the kids from school or fetching ally. Let me know that you are ready to skype and we will get on.

    ReplyDelete