Wednesday, February 11, 2015

February 6th?

We have it that Oma's birthday is on February 6th - it's on all our calendars but now I understand that this is wrong - please could one of you give me the correct date? 
Anyway, this is a belated happy birthday to an awesome woman, who I believe turned 96 this month!

Other news
Well, this last couple of weeks have seen some massive changes on the job front here at Lime Tree Avenue.   Hayzel went for two interviews - one two miles from here in Fritton and the other one just outside Diss.  Allyson went for an interview last week at a care home situated right smack bang next-door to the family doctors and Faye's school.

Allyson has spent the last couple of days doing her 'induction' - as she's been given the job at Meadowlands, she does her last induction day today, then tomorrow she is handing in her resignation at Hethersett.    This is really great because it means that she can concentrate on saving up now for her own place in Long Stratton - she can walk to work! so no transport costs.  The place is a new facility and very 'larny'.  I met her manager yesterday afternoon, Ruth, who 'can't wait' for Allyson to start working there permanently.

Hayzel had a couple of days' stressful waiting but was phoned yesterday during her lunchtime and awarded the job in Fritton.  This is at an asset management company and they even offered her MORE salary than she asked for!  The hours are better, she gets more leave and she can also ride a bike to work, it's that close from us!   She is over the moon and very pleased - she had to give her notice in today.
I have secured regular work from a company I approached before Christmas - I had to do a whole battery of tests but they've taken me on and I should be getting the first audios from them on Thursday - I'm excited and nervous at the same time.  At least I should be getting more regular income and can still work from home.

Well done to everyone! 

Sicky poos  and Valentines' disco.
Ewan was not well on Friday last week, so I kept him at home - he didn't really get much better and I took him to the doctor on Monday, a viral thing and not much to do about it just keep him warm and give proprietary medicine.  He was a lot better yesterday and is going to school today. 
Faye has a Valentine's Disco at her school tonight - from 6pm for a couple of hours. So that should be fun, she bought herself some clothes specially for the occasion and I will take a picture and post it up here later on today.

New phone
I organised myself a Motorola MotoG with 4G through Tescos this past weekend and they delivered it to me yesterday.  Lovely phone - my new number is:  0754 357 2364 
I am giving my old Samsung to Faye this week, so she will now be able to Whatsapp her Granny properly again!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful news all round' well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news all round' well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is all great news, well done to all concerned. You are all getting well settled, nice to see!!!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to all on the job front.Oma's birthday is on 5th Feb

    ReplyDelete