Sunday, March 24, 2013

It was good while it lasted ... not

Well we took the Subaru back to the garage this morning, in the freezing gale force wind and snow.  We had about 3 inches of snow last night and the temperature has dropped quite a lot.   I don't know what's up with the Forester, it may be an immobilizer issue.  Sometimes she drives with no problems at all and then the next time, stalls all the way home and with power-assisted steering that's not funny because the steering locks and you could end up ploughing over a round about or into a bus.   I was livid on Saturday after driving back from Diss with Hayzel, and the car was cutting out all the way.  So I told them that I wanted my money back etc. etc. ... well, they aren't prepared to give me a refund, I have to choose another vehicle (that's the best option).   So we took it back today and I looked at a couple of other cars in the freezing conditions - maybe an A-Class Merc, SEAT Ibiza (only a 1.2L engine, although it will be cheap on fuel) or some other none-car ... I think it was a Hyundai Sonata or something sexless like that).
Hayzel and I will go back to the garage tomorrow after Faye has gone to school and see what is the best deal.  I think I will ask Hayzel to test drive it because she's had more luck than me so far with cars. 
Yes, I'm bitterly disappointed.  The Scubby had absolutely nothing mechanically wrong with it at all but it's no good keeping a vehicle that has major electrical issues - might as well not have an engine. 

I received an email from my brother this week and he looks to be settling into Hungarian life - hoping that he posts some photos soon of the neighbourhood.  I believe the internet is 'full' there where he is, so he has to go to the Internet cafe ...

Toni and Tim are heading off to warmer climes next week - hope you guys have a lovely time in SA and that you manage to see one or more members of our family and give them huge hugs and kisses from us.  

My Auntie Jean is having an operation on her hand next week (I think it's Tuesday), so I'd better make sure to phone her later on.   Both Ewan and Hayzel still have bad coughs, hope they both get better soon I hate hearing Hayzel cough.

1 comment:

  1. Hiya all,
    Sorry but still no internet, complex so I won't even start,but will eventually sort it out. But never mind, life is great over here nothing to worry about at all.
    Sounds like you are all settled in, well done to Hayzel and Kevin on the jobs front, brilliant!. Pity about the Suburu, great cars normally. We just bought two bicycles over here, so not really keeping up with the Scotts/Meyers on that front. Still got the Fiat, but have started looking for new wheels later this year.
    Will write soon...Steve and Sharon

    ReplyDelete