Friday, March 22, 2013

Wow what a day!

Yesterday was quite an amazing, eventful one for the Scott/Meyers! 

First of all, the really cool news most of you know about already - Kevin and Hayzel both secured permanent positions within a half an hour of each other yesterday morning.  Kevin will be working for Richard Long Limited down the road from us - they are a big trucking company that distribute things like combine harvesters.   Hayzel got the job she really wanted at Anglian Home Improvements as a Sales Facilitator.  So congratulations to both of you!





I went to the dentist to have the second treatment done on the root of my tooth but the canal had calcified (cos I'm an old fart), so the nice lady dentist had to take it out, which is no problem for me at all.   However I had excrutiating tooth pain (well holey cavity pain) the rest of the day.   So when I got back from the dentist and there was no Subaru parked at the house (the chap had promised to deliver it, if it was 'right'), I was a bit miffed and depressed.   Also couldn't talk properly.   So Hayzel phoned the garage and upshot was that the car was ready for me - all I had to do was go and fetch it.

Weirdly, Hayzel and I were driving to go and fetch my Subaru and we passed a Richard Long Ltd haulage double bed truck and trailer parked in a laybye, the next vehicle to come past was an Anglian van!

My Subby is now sitting outside on our driveway, geselsing met the Ford and Hayzel's Citroen Xsara ... hope he had a nice night and the other cars weren't mean to him.     It looks like a motor dealership at our house!

I have secured a longer lease on our house to end May 2014, so that's a big relief.   

Later in the afternoon, Kevin and Hayzel went to Ewan's school to see the teachers for a parent meeting. Ewan is doing really well at school, his pen grip is very good, he is doing lovely drawings/paintings, gets on very well and plays nicely with the other children.  Teacher did say that he is a very loving child and likes to hug ... sometimes she has to tell him to calm down on the hugging!  Sweet.   He has a favourite little girl, called Harriet, that he is particularly fond of.  All in all he got a very good report - they take pictures of the children playing and build up a photographic history of what they are doing in class, that's so cool.     He will be starting full day Nursery school in September. 



No comments:

Post a Comment