Saturday, March 9, 2013

Soon I'll be a paid up member of the Six Star Club

Everyone who knows me will understand that I have wanted a Subaru since somewhere around 2001, when I went with Allyson for a Subaru drive-day at the Grintek race track just outside Pretoria.   It was such an exhilarating experience for me, I completely fell head over heels in love with all things Sub. 
Remember, Andrew and David?  How I had Subaru models on my desk at the house in Aquarius Street, Subaru caps ... etc. etc.    I have been devoted, obsessed and loyal to this brand for over 10 years but never had the pleasure of actually owning one of these vehicles.

I bought the Proton in South Africa but I really wanted a Subaru WRX ... two months after buying the crappy Satria Neo, I saw a secondhand WRX for sale in Randburg for just a couple of hundred Rands more than I paid for the Proton.  I was devastated about that but tough luck, hey?   When I eventually sold the slightly hail damaged Proton for only what I owed on it, I vowed to myself that the next car I bought would be what I really wanted and if it was going to be possible, then that would be a Scubby and I didn't give a damn how old it was either.

So ... wait for it ... to cut a long-winded story short, I dragged Kevin, Hayzel and the kiddies out in the rain, hail, snow this afternoon (we even had to do the Colin McRae rally stuff going through streams and flooded roads) to go and buy this:



I have just organised the insurance online ('Janice, you are so-o-o MoneySupermarket' .... only Brits will know what I'm on about here).    The Scub will be newly MOTed and serviced next week and then I will be able to bring him home.   It's going to be Legendary.   


2 comments:

  1. Very Cool Mommy all your Dreams are coming true, Living in the UK and Owning a Scub LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, i'm getting there slowly !

    ReplyDelete