Friday, December 21, 2012

2 weeks in

We have managed to accomplish a hell of a lot since we arrived at Heathrow  - I can't believe it's only been two weeks!  I wanted to post something on the blog aimed at our family back in South Africa - it would be really awesome if one of you guys could also post a blog on a regular basis with updates and photos of the family... we are all missing you lots (I have been particularly feeling the lack of hugs etc. this week) ... please let me know if you manage to do this and what the link is.

Yesterday, Hayzel and I went with the kiddies to Gt. Yarmouth to ASDA, which is another huge shop that sells everything and anything and is (according to their TV ads) cheaper than anywhere else.  Yes, they allow comparative advertising here - ASDA name their opposition quite loudly in their adverts!  We can't get used to that at all.     On the way to Yarmouth, the landscape is very flat, as you are going towards the sea ... it was a grey, windy and rainy day - I was amazed at how many Windmills there are across the fields.   None of the windmills had sails on them (I suppose they take them down in the winter) but I spotted at least eight windmills just on one stretch of road, quite interesting.

Our dining room suite arrived this afternoon - we had to assemble it ourselves, which wasn't proving too much of a problem (hell, even I managed to put two chairs together!) ... until we got to the table and discovered that it had been damaged in transit. Hayzel was very disappointed and immediately got onto them by phone and email - to be told that we had to email them photos of the damaged part.  I don't know when they are going to send a replacement table, I'm not holding my breath that we will have it before Christmas.   Anyway, we have the camping table and it's sturdy enough to eat off, we have chairs!

Thanks to my Auntie Jean, who despite having her arm in a massive bandage due to her operation, she still managed to send us a gift box with a live plant arrangement inside, which is now on our windowsill in the dining room.  I'll take a picture when my camera eventually decides to work properly. 

My best friend (you know who you are) - I'm sorry I didn't reply to the email with all the photos of your new little bundle of happiness ... those photos were stunning, dude.  I will send you a decent length  email after Christmas.  

Anyhow, it's 12pm (midnight) and this person needs to get some sleep, I suppose.   I'm missing you all, so don't think that I'm not!  xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment