Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Shop till you drop

This morning, we all went into Barclays Bank down the road to sort out banking and get accounts.   It wasn't too painful - took about an hour - Hayzel and Kevin will have their bank cards delivered within the week.  I had to get my PIN resent to me - and to my address c/o my aunt in Wales ... because I cannot remember it!    Like a twit I went and packed all my Barclays Bank correspondence in one of my cartage boxes and Barclays won't do anything (even change your address) without the PIN.
So phoned my Auntie Jean and asked her to send it on to me, once she receives the envelope from Barclays - knowing Royal Mail, she will probably get it tomorrow - they are ridiculously efficient!


Later on, Hayzel and I went to try and find large appliances and beds ... we went into Norwich but as we don't know where anything is, it was a bit of a waste of time and somewhat frustrating.  God, there are a LOT of churches in that town and lovely little streets with cobbled stone roads.  Many really old buildings ... but we haven't had time yet to explore the actual historical side of Norfolk - that will come later on (hopefully next week :) )
We turned around and went back to Diss.   It seems that most stuff we want is available in that little town!

After going to Tescos for some odds and ends ... coats, slippers, microwave (as you do)  ... we were starting to get a little dispondent because we couldn't find anywhere that sold washing machines or beds.   Then as we were driving out, I spotted a little electrical shop on the main street with washing machines in the window and we quickly did an about face, found parking and went to have a look.   Neville, our friendly assistant, sorted us out in no time at all - we bought an Indesit washing machine and a separate Beko tumble dryer ... should have them delivered to us on Thursday.    On the advice of Neville, we found Diss Bed and Furniture shop round the corner from Fiat/Citroen ... Stuart and his son, Lee helped us sort out beds for all of us  (well it was more Lee, who said that is dad knew nothing)  ... we should have all the beds delivered by Friday latest.   Can't wait.

When we got home, I got onto the internet to find out about the hire car for tomorrow - looks like we will have to sort that out when we go to take the Ford Galaxy back, as they were a bit slow to reply to my emails.     Hayzel and I are going to do that tomorrow by ourselves, as it's a bit of a schlepp lugging the kids and Kevin all over the place ... har har.   But true.

A bit later on, two Polish chaps arrived with our couches.  One of the guys was so huge, he looked like a professional wrestler and wasn't very big in chitty chatty - but they were pleasant enough.  They ripped off the packaging, assembled the feet and off they went.   The Big Polish Wrestler  dude told me that the couches were very cold today but they would be warm tomorrow ... :)

Some more pics
Merry Christmas everyone!

Hayzel making yummies for tonight

Japanese tourist shot of microwave oven

the new couches, we still need a little rug but almost sorted - have moved Christmas tree to other side of lounge

Naughty face


1 comment:

  1. You should have taken a photo of the big Guy LOL, the couches are very nice.. You guys are really getting yourselves sorted, Hey Kev How goes it? Hey Hayzel it's nice to see your getting into the cooking ways :) Love you guys... I had a bit of a ruff day yesterday thinking about the UK but i am better today, can't wait for Friday going on leave.

    ReplyDelete