Sunday, December 16, 2012

SKYPE and family updates... baby on the way!

Yesterday we went through to Tim and Toni in Beccles for lunch and to see Matthew and Phillip.  It was lovely visiting there, we all had a great time and the kids got on very well.   Faye and Ewan were in heaven, as Tim's boys have LOTS of toys, so it was nice for them to play with new things for a while.

Toys R Us!


 Toni and Tim have a real Christmas tree - delightful!  I've put some photos here of the kiddies and the tree.

Beccles is a really cute town.    Toni is taking Hayzel and me to Norwich on Monday to show us around and familiarise us with where to park etc. - we are also going to the Disney shop ... can't wait for that!
Three cuties by the Tree!

This morning, Hayzel made us all bacon and egg breakfast and then a little later on we had a video SKYPE call with Andrew, Leigh, David, Mags, Allyson and Dad ... this was awesome and lasted about an hour!    It was so great to talk to you all, even though it was somewhat hectic with everyone yelling at the same time but this is a perfect way to keep in contact with you all - we feel like we came over for a visit!   We would like to do this once a week, I think that will be grand.

Congratulations to Andrew and Leigh on the announcement .... so sometime in August/September I will have another grandchild.   Please note the order is for a GIRL :)

Later in the day, we also had a video SKYPE session with Kevin's mum, dad, Oma, Sharon and Dave ... great fun!   I'm sure everyone agrees that this is a wonderful tool for keeping in touch with loved ones - we particularly enjoyed (?) seeing a sloppy length of boerewors dangling in front of the screen every now and then, Dave ... not.     :)

The weather is really being nice to us new Englanders.  It's been sunny and mild all day today - we were actually sweating earlier on in the house!
Our neighbours, Mandy and Richard, dropped a Welcome to your New Home card through our letterbox yesterday evening and we went to meet them in person this morning, they seem like really sweet people.

Alexander Close

House at the end of our street

Cheery Christmas doors and decorations are to be found all over the place.  

This is the house we saw on Google Earth that was 'green' and the house we first thought was the one we'd rented.


neighbourhood kitty



Getting things sorted
Hayzel and Kevin's Barclays Bank cards arrived through our letterbox on Saturday morning (what?!), so they are now able to do stuff online.   We have organised Internet with TalkTalk and it should be connected by the 27th latest (I think) ...
We will get the car insurance sorted online tomorrow and then I hope we can collect our own car before Wednesday (when we have to take the Gangstamobile back to Avis).   
When I get my bank passwords (which I understand is on the way from Wales), then I can also sort out my internet and online stuff.

My Welsh connection 
I understand that my Auntie Jean had an operation for Carpal Tunnel syndrome last week - so I hope she is feeling better now and not sore.  I would really like to make a plan sometime soon to go and visit all my family in Wales and surrounding areas - so watch this space for updates on that idea. 

Love to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. The news on your blog is AWSOME!!! so great to keep reading it. Sounds very interesting and its lovely to know what is happening from day to day. Love the new car. Im sure it brings memories back for Hayzel. Take it easy that side. Thinking of you all!!!! Lovies. Ally xxx

    ReplyDelete