Thursday, December 20, 2012

5 more sleeps ...



It’s a rainy day in Norwich.     Hayzel and I went through to the Holiday Inn City to drop off the Gangstamobile :(  ... on the way we stopped off to fill up (Diesel) – came to £40.07 – the BMW was half empty and we didn’t take note of how many gallons we put in this time  (we do know that the beamer has a big tank though) ... next time we’ll be a bit more vigilant.  This was our first time at the pumps and you operate them yourself!   Quite a novelty for us and I understand Hayzel managed to spray diesel all over the garage when she took the pipe out of the car.  Big jokes.   I went inside the shop to pay for the diesel and also bought a Norwich street atlas.  The guy behind the counter was from India, I think ... he asked me where I was from and when I said South Africa, he started talking about Jacob Zuma and how he’d won a second term of office and what a surprise that was and did I wote?   When I eventually figured out what he meant (i.e. vote), he was disappointed to find out that I didn’t but I didn't get into a debate with him because he seemed more knowledgable about South African ANC politics than me!  


 
After we dropped off the beamer and said a fond farewell, we hailed a taxi to take us into town central.  The taxi fare is £5 - (I think I said in a previous post that it was £6) very reasonable and the taxi driver was helpful and friendly (as are all people we interact with here in Norwich).   We wandered around Chapelfield mall for a bit and I went past Jessops (swoon ... where they have a special on Canon DSLR cameras ... £449.95  I think it is for a Canon EOS 550Dwith two lenses  - similar deal to what is on offer in South Africa for over R8K)   I actually want the Nikon SLR, so am waiting for after Christmas when the sales are on.   My Finepix isn’t working properly at all at the moment, which is why i’ve taken pictures with the Dell webcam this morning. 

We got the Simmons bus (single decker) back to Long Stratton, dropped off at the bottom of the road from our house and it was £5.20 (one way) for both Hayzel and myself together. Not bad, considering it’s a 22 minute journey and the buses are bang on time, bus driver is friendly and chatty, without being nosy.
We got home to find some more Christmas cards had arrived from my brother and cousin, Paul, as well as the Talk Talk router, which we will be able to sort out on the 27th December, when the system goes live. 


Our dining room table and chairs is supposed to be delivered today.   We are also hoping to get the freight box today, which we need to complete some work before we officially close for the Christmas holidays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment