Saturday, February 23, 2013

An eventful week

Well this week was quite eventful hey?  

  • Eric is home now and by all accounts doing really well - I believe the stitches will be coming out soon.   Great stuff. 
  • Andrew bliksemed off his bike and ended up black and blue with bruising but is on the mend 
  • Both Hayzel and Allyson have interviews on Monday, so that's good news.
  • It snowed again in the night and early morning, there is a light covering and it's still coming down, albeit not very thickly.     
  • David (my son) got a five year service award from work and a bit of a bonus.
  • My brother left the UK for Hungary on Friday ... hope the trip went really well, Steve  (see the link on the left to my brother's blog which he will post to, once he gets Internet sorted out). 
  • I got a job - start working properly on Monday. 
  • Our ship, the MS Lisbon, has left Durban and is making its way to Felixstowe.
  • My cholesterol has come down a bit.
  • Hayzel and I have started using 'My Fitness Pal' which is an App I found on my Samsung phone (there is also a website) ... it's a calorie counting diary system and extremely useful - it's amazing how those calories mount up guys!   
  • Hayzel took the kiddies to Toni on Thursday for some time out.   The weather was a bit crap, so they didn't end up going to the beach but next time, folks ... next time ... and I will be there!   
  • The kiddies received a package yesterday from their Granny, Grandpa, Auntie Sharon and Uncle David, great whoops of joy were heard all over Long Stratton - Ewan couldn't stop jumping up and down!    The kids go back to school on Monday from this mid-term break.    Here's a few photos of them that I didn't manage to post before and one or two with their new clothes from the Meyer/Bothas ... 
they were sitting at the top of the stairs playing - couldn't resist sneaking a photo of our 'girls'

Sitting on his mum's knee watching Michael Jackson on YouTube do the Moonwalk


Faye this morning, in her new outfit
Ewan this morning, in his new outfit

Apologies if I've left any other important things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment