Sunday, February 3, 2013

Yummies

Toni, Tim and the boys came around yesterday with goodies for Hayzel and a very yummy cake, made by Toni ...
Pic taken with my cellphone
I'm having a piece now as I type this.  Divine.
The weather is a bit crap again - yesterday we had a dusting of snow and then some rain.  My cellphone weather forecast app says that we will have snow again next weekend - so I'm hoping so for the kids' sake, so they can try out their new sleds.

On Friday I conned Hayzel into taking me to Diss to Albright Arts & Crafts because it said on their website that they had artists' supplies - I need heavy acrylic gel medium.  Anyhow, we go there but nope, they only have stuff for grannies (cough) ... like knitting, embroidery thingies etc.  Damn.   On the way back home, we decided that we weren't in a mood to cook (who ever is?), so maybe we should go and get some McDonalds.  Our Satnav (TomTom) doesn't know where McDonalds restaurants are in the Norwich area (only real Restaurants, like Jamie's Italian) ...
Not to worry, after our shopping day out last week,  Hayzel remembered that there was a MickyD's next to Next  (I don't make up the names of the shops in the UK).   So we drove into Norwich, didn't we.
An hour and a half later, we arrived home with McDonalds Bacon and Beef burgers, chips, cokes, kiddies meals, juices - all stone cold and needing heating up inYe Olde Trusty Microwave.   It wasn't worth it.   According to Toni (our Oracle) there is a drive-thru MickyD's in Norwich - and I just Googled it ... should have done that on Friday night hey?
There is a major shortage of the Big M signs in Norfolk (not that I'm complaining, cos to me the 'food' is like recycled cardboard, sprinkled with salt and sugar) ... a franchise costs in the region of a million pounds (in case there are any intrepid entrepreneurs amongst us). 

David smashed his cricket bat last weekend and sent me a very sorry photo of the taped up bat on Whatsapp.

I'm his mom, so what to do?   Oh yes, right.
Get onto the Internet and fish for a new one.
A couple of hundred man hours later, countless SKYPE discussions with Dave about what size, weight and make to get and I ended up on Takealot.com.
Purchased a Kookaburra on Thursday and it was delivered to Dave's work on Friday afternoon, so he could sleep with it after he got back from the Wanderers where he watched SA whack all sorts of hell out of Pakistan.
PS to this post - David has paid his Mum for the Bat, so that's very nice and thank you Dave! 


Hot Batsman

Hope you get some decent innings out of it, Dave before you smack this one in half   (ah, the perils of being a cricketer and number one Bowler for Bedfordview region! ).  
Of course, I can crow - he's my son.

Ally has now been seconded into looking after this little chap: 
Rasta, the bearded dragon
I think they are lank cute.

My Auntie Barbara is home from her knee op and I hope everything is mending nicely.

My brother is moving to Hungary on the 23rd February - so I am expecting you to start up a blog, Steve, as soon as possible after you arrive there - so you can fill us in on what life is like in that part of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment