Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Benefits anyone?

I don't qualify for a senior citizens bus pass (Concessionary Travel Ticket) because I'm too YOUNG!   Whodathunkit?!

But when I went onto DirectGov website today and completed the long-winded form to do the exercise and see if I can claim any Benefits from Ye Olde British government, turns out I can get £289.75 per WEEK in Jobseeker's Allowance and £9.77 per WEEK Council Tax Benefit.   That's a staggering £1198.08 per month or in real terms, R16773.12    

Of course, if I actually DID apply online through the JobCentrePlus website, I would then have to attend a personal interview and most probably would be told to eff off back to South Africa.  But this is the reason why so many people stream into Blightey each year - Free NHS, Free Schooling and your salary paid each month ... leaving you time to concentrate on the important stuff, like boozing down the pub or banging the wife to make more kiddies. 


2 comments:

  1. Er I think your jobseekers is a bit high, i believe it's £98 every two weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve, I also thought it was mad and inaccurate but I answered all the questions correctly and actually did it two times, just to see if it changed on the second attempt ...so beats me. Of course, they state quite categorically that it is an ESTIMATE ... so I suppose when a person goes in to apply, they get a bit of a rude awakening.

    ReplyDelete