Thursday, February 28, 2013

Snowdrops, Dentists, Interviews and Toenails



I have to go to the dentist today ... more on that later.

Kevin went to the doctor’s this morning to check his big toe, which was not looking so great. He has an ingrown toe nail.   Anyway, they have given him penicillin and told him that they can remove the toenail but he must make a separate appointment.  Kevin then proceeded to tell Hayzel and I how they remove toenails ... no thank you.   According to the doctor, if the toenail is removed, Kevin will have temporary relief for a few months but then it will grow back and be the same.  

I went with Hayzel into Norwich the other day (when it was freezing cold) for her to have an interview at a recruitment company – ended up being flung into the deep-end and had to drive around looking for parking ... first time driving in the UK, first time driving in our Ford, first time driving in Norwich multi-level carparks (everything is back to front – you turn up on the right side of the road, instead of keeping left ... weird) 
Our  TomTom guy in the car recently had a reboot and was talking Afrikaans, so no point listening to him.   ‘Draai Links!’  he kept yelling at me – like he even knew where I wanted to go.  For a few minutes I was a bit hysterical, cos my sense of direction is about as sophisticated as a snail’s but Ewan kept chirping from the back that we were fine and once I got to the roundabout by ToysRUs we were.   

Hayzel has been to a couple of interviews and I’m not going to jinx it by saying anymore.  Looking good though.

 I have an appointment with the dentist at 240pm this afternoon – I hope he removes the bloody tooth in the top left hand side of my mouth because I can’t stand it anymore but then I’ll have holey mouth syndrome, which seems to be the norm in the UK (God, most people have TERRIBLE teeth here!) ... I don’t want a holey, sunken in mouth.    Aargh.

There are snowdrops in our garden and Batman came to visit earlier.  


Taken from my bedroom window on zoom

No comments:

Post a Comment