Saturday, January 5, 2013

Driving around

Hayzel, myself and the kiddies went for a drive this afternoon to see how far away Attleborough is - the weather was lovely today.  Kevin stayed behind to work on his CV.   


Attleborough


GPS lady told us to take a left turn and go down this road ... a chap coming out of his house watched us with great interest as we drove past ...   rounded a bend and this is what met us in the road ... the flooding goes all the way around the road, you can't actually see where it ends!   Needless to say we turned around and went an alternative route. 
 

These horses watched us as we turned around ... his fringe is almost as long as mine ... duh (I can't cut my hair until Hayzel has been for her interview, cos I'm going to be a 'model' if required).
Whizzing past Old Buckenham ... another sleepy little village out in the country



The natural light was stunning this afternoon, like honey dripping onto everything.  Almost magical in some places. 


I am not sleeping very well at the moment- last night was up until 3am and then decided to go onto the Internet for an hour or so - ended up crashing out at about 4.30am to be woken by the kiddies at around 730.  So i'm feeling a bit shell-shocked this evening.   Neither Hayzel nor I are sleeping properly at the moment.   Too much stuff whizzing around in my head.  

I had a lovely long chat with Deborah Malan yesterday, thanks Deb for all the information and tips! It's not going to be a major issue travelling to you guys, when I can find time later on this year to get away.   Can fly from Norwich to Bristol - return air tickets are about £232 and it's a one hour flight. 

I also looked at ways to get across to Knighton - there are several - it all depends how long you want to spend travelling!    For example, I:  

  1. Can fly from Norwich to Birmingham, then get a coach or train to Knighton (with a few stops and changes, I suppose).    This is the most expensive way to do it and a bit fiddly.
  2. Can go by train from Diss (down the road from us) to Knighton - with four train changes on the way.  It costs about £115 return but takes about 6 and a half hours.  
  3. Can go direct by bus (coach) via National Express - i looked only at a route from Norwich bus station to Shrewsbury - is cheap, i.e £66.00  return but it takes a bone numbing 8 hours and fifteen minutes!   no thank you.
  4. Can just drive there.  It's about 4 and a half hours from here, so I think that will be the best way to do it and most probably work out cheaper and completely less hassle in the long run.   When I have my own vehicle, I will look into this more seriously.
Anyway got to go, dinner's in the oven.



No comments:

Post a Comment