Friday, January 25, 2013

Lost and abandoned in Long Stratton

 We went to take Ewan to school at 12noon in his zooty new uniform (well the embroidered top with Manorfield logo that I ordered online and which was delivered this morning by the nice man from Royal Mail) ...






Ewan in his classroom - I had to ask permission from the teacher to take this shot and no other child could be in it!

 After dropping little man off at Nursery school, I said to Hayzel that we had to go to the post office quickly, so I could post my 'Get Well' card that I got for my Auntie Barbara.  No problem we walked through the pathway to the post office and sorted that out.





There are a couple of these shortcuts/pathways hidden amongst/between the houses
 On  leaving the post office, I said that I wanted to go around the corner to take some pictures of the Swan Inn and Long Stratton main road ... Hayzel says, no problem 'I'm just going into the Co-op ....'
So I walk around the corner, take a couple of pictures and she hot foots it across the road (here she is just before crossing the road - the Co-op parking area is to the right of this picture).

Hayzel on road - Co-Op Pharmacy is at the end on the right with the red walls - this is not relevant to the story at this point*


Swan Inn

Main street with Barclays on the right (the red brick building)

Tattoo parlour


So I take a picture of the Tattoo place and then walk in the Co-op via the side door. Glasses steam up once inside.  Walk around inside. No Hayzel.
Go back out of the Co-op into the Minus 4, stand about looking for her in the street/parking lot ... No Hayzel.
Go back into the Co-op, figuring I might have missed her.  Glasses steam up again. Walk around inside. No Hayzel.
Come out, now with running nose and decide that I've missed her somehow and she's most probably on the way home by now.   So I do the same.
I'm stomping off down the road when I hear, 'Hey Mom!' ... turn around and here she comes moaning that  I left her behind!
Turns out she went into the Co-Op PHARMACY*
Duh.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word hysterical! How do I tell a story is good .... If it makes me cry or laugh out loud! You officially in my fav author crowd! Just thinking about it makes me giggle ! ESP that it was damn freezing today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Toni! Glad I have a fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You forgot to mention that I walked around the whole of Long Stratton looking for you. In and out of the Swan Inn, around the Co-op parking thinking gee did someone kidnap her..... Then I saw you coming out of the Co-Op 100 meters ahead of me and thought to myself well she isn't that fast so I should be able to catch up to her in no time, especially because you take 5 steps to my 1 step. But it seemed that my Mother was trying to lose me because she NEVER looked back once! and I ended up running up the road to catch her...... Sorry Mom, didn't lose me this time, better luck next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny ... you are way funnier than me anyday.

    ReplyDelete