Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Schools, roads closed! Britain in state of mayhem. :)

Hayzel was on her way with Faye this morning to Primary School, when out of a house nearby, a woman shouted out at them:

"Oi!   Oi!   There's no school t'day!  I checked on t'council website"

And here is the list of schools closed, due to 'treacherous road conditions' or other thingies.  Cool. :)


                                                            *****

Kevin was going to go to Gt. Yarmouth to see Tim this morning - but the traffic is backed up for miles and miles, so he gave it up as a bad job and has just come back home.   Dammit and we were holding thumbs.   

So weird, the things that stop people going to work in S'Africa are public holidays (2 a month almost), taxi / bus/train strikes and adjoined violence and maybe the occasional flash flood/pot holes. 
                                                            *****

Speaking of thumbs, I crushed mine in the conservatory door yesterday coming in from looking at the snow.   This house is trying to kill me.  I hadn't been drinking, Steve.  :)

                                                            *****

Batteries in my camera are kaput, so I can't take anymore photos just yet to post up here  (grumble, grumble).  I suppose that's not bad, considering I've been taking movies as well with the Nikon - they lasted quite a long time.     I want to get a tripod and when I was looking on Tesco's website, saw that they have 'monopod's'  ... has anyone ever used a Monopod and is it a good idea to get one, or not?
Tripod's can be a right pain lugging about but this Monopod is basically a walking stick and a support to take photos on ... what do you guys think?


2 comments:

  1. mono-pod sounds like good idea, I normally just brace myself against something and press shutter half way to stop tracking and take the shot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I took the plunge and ordered online through Tescos, they've shipping it already, so we'll see what it's like when I get it. How is your new camera?

    ReplyDelete