Monday, January 7, 2013

One more sleep ... for Faye

One of the things i'm noticing these days is the eff word isn't as prominent in my er ... vocabulary ... as it was when we were living in the rat race down there in Gauteng!  Maybe civilisation is rubbing off on me?  

I spoke to David on SKYPE this afternoon whilst he was at work, so cool to see you dude ... even though your work network speed is a bit crap and the image was pixilating a lot.   More I use SKYPE the more I am starting to really dig this thing, never had cause to use it much when I was living in SA but I can see how valuable it is now.  

Well Missy starts school tomorrow!     

And on that subject, whilst she and I were waiting in the car this morning as Hayzel went into the bank, I tried to give her a bit of a pep talk about tomorrow.   Thinking somehow that I could impart some words of wisdom to help her cope a bit with the day (if she found it tough going, for example) - as you do when you get to my advanced years.   I had even thought about it during the night and planned what I would say - so it was, I thought, a reasonably well planned little motivational chat.     She listened attentively and didn't comment much.   

Mum gets back into the car and Faye proceeds to explain that Nana had just gone 'on and on and on' (oh it was so-o-o boring, Mum) about what to expect at school tomorrow.
Huh?  I tell you ...  seven year olds ... they know everything and there was I trying to be the supportive all-caring Nana.   Hmpf. 

Any case, I couldn't help myself when we were in Tescos could I  and they had a Belle Disney dress and crown on sale at £5 (a steal really, hey?) ... so here she is, the little bugger:
7 going on 27


 Speaking of Tescos, this is what we had for lunch (with salad)


 And I bought some real British Pork Pies for tomorrow - yum.
Oh well, here's hoping that we all get a decent night's sleep tonight and Faye's first day at an English Country Co-Ed Primary School will be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment