Sunday, January 27, 2013

Retail therapy

Hayzel and I went into Norwich yesterday morning.  We went to Signatures so Hayzel could have her hair cut (birthday treat from me) and I ended up also having a blowdry.  Nice little salon down one of the cutesy little streets in the city centre (Bridewell Alley).  There are hundreds of hair salons in Norwich!  
Afterwards we went on a shop-till-you-drop walk about, so that Hayzel could also get some clothes.  For once, we were successful shopping and it was a very pleasant morning out.  We had a pie and chocolate brownies at Marmalade's ... set in a lovely old arcade and a couple of shops down from Jamie Oliver's Italian restaurant.      All the time we came out of shops and walked into the street we could hear the bells ringing - per above little video I took with my phone.  
The secret to shopping in Norwich is a) rather go in during the week but if you are forced to go in on a Saturday b) go in early.
I joined Mega - the file-sharing website started by that crazy New Zealand mega-millionaire who keeps getting arrested.   Andrew sent me photos via Mega and I've put them up here (one minimised on the left and a larger sized image below - both will stay here permanently).   These photos were taken at my birthday in October last year in Andrew's garden.  
We had rain last night and this morning, so the snow has virtually gone now ... aw.  

No comments:

Post a Comment